The intimate Casa Turquesa is nested in the most quiet side of Paraty’s historic center overlooking the turquoise waters of its namesake. Occupying a restored historic mansion faithful to the original 18th-century façade, this is a guesthouse in the truest sense of the word. Attentive staff tend to guests anytime, anywhere. Guests are treated to food from their highly renowned kitchen, the source of a brand new cookbook by Tetê Etrusco, and specially designed explorations of the city.
THE ROYAL TREATMENT
Whether it’s ceviche under the gazebo at midnight, a cocktail while lounging in the gardens, or a relaxing massage, Casa Turquesa invites guests to indulge themselves without any restraint. Staff will prepare light snacks on demand like carpaccio, salad, stuffed crab shells, or hearts of palm on mini-spoons. In the evening, try a Dry Turquoise, the hotel’s signature drink. Before heading out for the day, fill up on homemade tapioca pancakes, free-range eggs and mouthwatering French toast.
BY LAND OR SEA
Explore the secrets of the city on a walking tour of Paraty’s history. See the traditional tiled roofs of colonial mansions, the Santa Rita Church built in 1722, and the shimmering waters that make Paraty one of the most charming cities in Brazil. Trek through the Atlantic Forest or take a pottery class at a local artist’s atelier. Horseback ride through the countryside. Dive from the hotel’s private schooner with an onboard picnic, or canoe the Saco do Mamanguá mangrove, surrounded by 33 beaches.
Ideal forcouples who like small luxury properties and who want to be close to restaurants and bars
- 24-hour personalized room and spa services
- Guided walking and boat tours of the city and islands
- Menu recently turned into a cookbook
- Small, intimate guesthouse for relaxation
- Villa 1: en suite bathroom, 2 queen beds, living space + kitchen, and incredible views
- Villa 2: en suite bathroom, 1 queen bed, living space + kitchen, and incredible views
- Villa 3: en suite bathroom, 2 queen beds, living space + kitchen, and incredible views
- Villa 4: en suite bathroom, 3 queen beds, living space + kitchen, and incredible views
- Communal fireplace
- 24-hour room service