Located in Quindio, Colombia’s Coffee triangle, immersed in a labyrinth of plantain, orange, and pineapple plantations, sits Hacienda Bambusa. Built of bamboo and clay tiles, this chic, working hacienda is surrounded by the majestic Central Andes Range, rivers, and gardens. An oasis of tranquility and natural beauty, guests have the opportunity to experience everything from coffee tasting to ziplining to treks within the jungle to witness thousands of butterflies, exotic birds, and the vibrant colors of indigenous flowers that make this property so special.
THE FARM-TO-TABLE EXPERIENCE
The hacienda’s restaurant, run by Luz Adriana Martinez, a well-known chef in the Coffee Region, serves a wide variety of exclusive dishes prepared mainly with ingredients grown on Bambusa’s grounds. Guests can learn to cook traditional recipes in one of Chef Martinez’s fun classes, or feel what it’s like to milk the cows with the head farmer. For the coffee enthusiast, become a connoisseur with a coffee tasting tour.
A PLACE FOR THRILL SEEKERS AND SOLITUDE
Hacienda Bambusa offers a balanced mixture of peaceful and adventurous activities. Zipline over a banana plantation or “paramotor,” a motorized version of paragliding, off the top of a mountain. Float high above the trees in a hot air balloon or drift away from the world on a balsaje, a bamboo raft, atop the smooth flowing currents of the La Vieja River, topped off by a picnic lunch on a shaded beach.
The area is also home to over 160 exotic bird species. Explore miles of crisscrossing trails through the hacienda’s crops and extensive Guadua bamboo forest to spot birds in their natural habitat. See 3000 butterflies inside the hacienda’s botanical garden, one of the region’s most valued conservation projects.
Ideal forfamilies and couples alike who want to experience the soul of Columbia's lush and verdant coffee producing region from the perspective of a working plantation
- Diverse adventures like ziplining and “paramotoring,” hot air balloon rides, horseback riding, and relaxing bamboo rafting, and guided hikes
- Working hacienda with its own organic vegetable garden and livestock
- Wide variety of birds and a butterfly farm filled with 3000 butterflies
- Restaurant run by one of the region’s top chefs, serving traditional cuisine made with ingredients grown directly on the grounds
- Junior Suites: King or twin bed; Private balcony or terrace; Hammock; Satellite TV; Minibar; Safe; WiFi; Air conditioning; Views of outdoor swimming pool
- Superior Room King: : Two rooms with king bed; Private balcony or terrace; Hammock; Satellite TV; Minibar; Safe; WiFi; Air conditioning; Views of outdoor swimming pool
- Superior Room Twin: King or twin beds; Private balcony or terrace; Hammock; Satellite TV; Minibar; Safe; WiFi; Air conditioning; View of mountains
- Standard Room: Two rooms with king and twin beds; Private balcony or terrace; Hammock; Satellite TV; Minibar; Safe; WiFi; Air conditioning; View of garden
- Family Room: Two rooms with king beds or king and twin bed; Private balcony or terrace; Hammock; Satellite TV; Minibar; Safe; WiFi; Air conditioning;View of garden
- Outdoor excursions
- Extensive botanic gardens
- Butterfly farm
- Outdoor pool