Nestled behind an ancient adobe wall in the historic San Pedro de Atacama sits the exquisite desert oasis hotel, Awasi Atacama. Named one of Town & Country Magazine’s Top 100 Hotels That Will Change Your Life, guests enjoy the world’s clearest skies from private patios, an open-air restaurant, and crystalline pool while staying in luxurious suites inspired by Pre-Inca ruins. Dine on Chef Juan Pablo Mardones traditional Andean fare. Explore the impressive natural scenery of the Atacama Desert with a personal, private guide and vehicle.
A VIBRANT DESERT LANDSCAPE
Awasi is the perfect place to enjoy the very best of the Atacama. Discover its geysers and canyons, giant cacti, petroglyphs and vivid wildlife: flamingos, vicunas, foxes and, with any luck, the sacred condor. Guests have access to their own guide and 4WD to take them anywhere they wish. See the steep-sloped Licancabur volcano rising in a perfect cone, or traverse the paths of the llama caravans that first crossed the Atacama in 1000 BC.
THE RITUAL OF FOOD
Chef Juan Pablo Mardones takes pride in serving long evening meals in the hotel’s Relais & Chateaux restaurant. At Awasi, which means home, fresh local ingredients are cooked to perfection under star-filled skies as guests relax around open fire pits. Inspired by the desert, the menu includes many rare ingredients available right there in the Atacama, seldom used in Chilean cooking.
LUXURY INSPIRED BY ANCIENT INCAS
Guests stay in adobe suites under charming thatched roofs reminiscent of Incan housing of old. Built of stone, adobe, and wood, these lavish suites offer an open design, with private solariums that lead out to al-fresco showers. Guests bathe in complete privacy as they breathe in the exotic desert air.
Ideal forThose who like to travel in private and non-shared excursions, families and couples alike; prime location for exploration
- Personal, private guide and vehicle to explore the desert
- Traditional Andean cuisine under the stars
- Incan-inspired luxury suites
- Superior Round Suite: 1 King or 2 Twin beds; Private solarium with outdoor shower; En-suite bathroom; Reading lounge; Shared terrace; Bathrobes; Wi-Fi; Safe
- Round Room: 1 King or 2 Twin beds; Private solarium with outdoor shower; En-suite bathroom; Reading lounge; Shared terrace; Bathrobes; Wi-Fi; Safe
- Rectangular Suite:1 King bed; Private solarium with outdoor shower; En-suite bathroom; Reading lounge; Bathrobes; Wi-Fi; Safe
- Guided tours and excursions