Belmond Hotel das Cataratas beckons from within the natural paradise of Brazil’s Iguassu National Park. Set upon an unrivalled location surrounded by sensational waterfalls, guests enjoy exclusive access to this magnificent sight when the park is closed to visitors. A Portuguese-colonial residence, this spa retreat offers thrills and excitement in abundance, balanced perfectly by luxury, fine dining, and exquisite spa services designed around sustainability and rejuvenation.
SEVEN WONDERS OF NATURE
Iguassu Falls provides a lavish backdrop to this sensational hotel. Take a helicopter trip over the gorge, trek through the jungle’s lush canopy, visit colourful toucans and giant butterflies at the Bird Park. Home to 160 bird species, guests have the opportunity to see the birds at night, dine on a traditional dinner, and see a special tobacco ceremony by Guarani-Mbya tribespeople.
Exclusive to hotel guests, the hotel offers many opportunities to see the area’s natural beauty. From full moon tours to witness the rare lunar rainbow of the falls, to a Macuco Safari by speedboat, to rock climbing and rappelling, there’s a wealth of adventure across land, river, and sky.
FEEL AMAZON EVERYWHERE
Each of the restaurants on the grounds offers guests a tour of Brazil in every bite. Ipe Grill serves the popular ‘gaucho’ style Brazilian barbecue showcasing tender meats accompanied by hot side dishes, topped off by classic Brazilian desserts. Start, or top off, your evening with a cooling caipirinha at Bar Tarobá as the sun sets over the falls.
Relaxing at Cataratas Spa, where products have been responsibly harvested with ingredients sourced directly from the rainforest right outside the door. Celebrate the energy of the Amazon with therapies designed to comfort, cleanse and energise.
Ideal forthose who appreciate hotels with history; this is the only hotel option inside the National Park
- Adventure tours through the rainforest with expert eco guides
- Private access to the rainforest and Bird Park after hours
- Fine Brazilian dining
- Spa treatments with responsibly harvested ingredients direct from the rainforest
- Superior Rooms: Twin or queen bed; Classic Portuguese style; Dark wood furnishings; Widescreen LCD TV; Luxury toiletries; Mini-bar; Wi-Fi
- Deluxe Falls View Rooms: Twin or queen bed; Classic Portuguese style; Dark wood furnishings; Widescreen LCD TV; Luxury toiletries; Mini-bar; Wi-Fi. Views over Iguassu Falls
- Junior suites: Queen bed; Classic Portuguese style; Dark wood furnishings; Marble-topped vanity; Separate living room; Widescreen LCD TV; Luxury toiletries; Mini-bar; iPod dock; Wi-Fi
- Cataratas suites: King bed; Classic Portuguese style; Dark wood furnishings; Marble-topped vanity; Separate living room; Widescreen LCD TV; Luxury toiletries; Mini-bar; iPod dock; Wi-Fi. Balcony views over Iguassu Falls
- Ipe Bar and Grill
- Latipu restaurant
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Business Center
- Fitness room and sauna