Correntoso Lake and River Hotel sits at the foot of the Andes, overlooking the mouth of Correntoso River where it enters the immense Nahuel Huapi Lake. At the center of the Lake District, it’s an ideal starting or ending point for exploring the breathtaking Patagonian landscape.
STEEPED IN NEARLY 80 YEARS OF HISTORY
Since 1917, when the only access to these remote corners of Patagonia was by boat or seaplane, visionary pioneer Primo Capraro built a small wooden cabin for friends, visitors and fly-fishermen. Thereafter, it grew to become a fine property. In 1943, his son Francisco built the main central structure with blocks of volcanic sand, granite, and cypress woodwork that for years was a landmark in the region.
This rich history is reflected in every corner of Correntoso. Tea time is served either indoor or out on the terrace overlooking the lake as a tea sommelier prepares a special blend for each guest. Recommended by Conde Nast Johansens, the hotel is one of the best places to visit in Patagonia today.
A PLACE TO AWAKEN THE SENSES…
Stroll through the gardens of Villa La Angostura rainforest, a secret jewel of Patagonia. Admire panoramic views from the comfort of the hotel’s expansive decks, while tasting the traditional smoked cold meat and Argentine wines. Savor the exquisite and fresh combination of flavors and textures in the hotel’s elegant restaurants and wine bar, and revitalize your body and mind with massage, facial treatments, stretching sessions, guided yoga practices, or the therapeutic Hamman.
ECOHOTEL AND GUARDIANS OF CORRENTOSO RIVER
Correntoso has adopted sustainable management practices and is a member of a national program of sustainable tourism certification (Sustainable Hotel Industry Ecolabelling Program of the Argentine Association of Tourism Hotels). Additionally, the hotel has a water purification plant to protect the Correntoso River and Nahuel Huapi Lake, and surrounding fauna and flora, for years to come.
Ideal for families and couples looking for luxurious accommodations, fine cuisine and top-class service in a lakeside setting
- Superb gourmet cuisine
- Basecamp for daily adventures (trekking, kayaking, flyfishing, horseback riding)
- Enjoy stunning panoramic views from your suite
- Natural, bright and elegant interiors
- On-site Spa with a range of relaxing services
- Junior Deck Suite: View: Nahuel Huapi Lake, Los Andes and Correntoso River; Bed: King size; Option to connect rooms for greater independence and intimacy
- Junior Suite: View: Nahuel Huapi Lake, Los Andes and Correntoso River; Bed: King size; Option to connect rooms for greater independence and intimacy
- Superior Lake: View: Nahuel Huapi Lake, Los Andes and Correntoso River; Bed: King size; Option to connect with Suite Junior Deck, in case of travelling with family or friends
- Mountain Apartment: View: Correntoso gardens; Bed: King size + single bed; Accommodates up to three adults
- Restaurants (3)
- Wine Bar
- Herbal Hammam & Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Room Service