Estancia Vik José Ignacio sits on vast acres of rolling countryside along Uruguay’s spectacular coastline. Drawing travelers to its pristine beaches, rugged landscape, and relaxed, bohemian setting, this Spanish Colonial-style hotel offers guests a plethora of adventure and relaxation. Outdoor courtyards and idyllic gardens cover the grounds, as well as expansive patios, an outdoor stone pool, golf greens, and plenty of room to roam by foot, bike, or on horseback. Book a spa treatment, dine on traditional cuisine made fresh from local ingredients, while surrounded by breathtaking artwork from local, world renowned artists.
A CELEBRATION OF URUGUAY
Inside the brick-barreled dining room, guests are treated to an intimate dining experience. The hotel showcases Uruguayan parillero, or barbeque, cooked over the traditional central open fire. Guests also enjoy fresh fish and seafood, locally grown fruits and vegetables, and homemade breads and pastries. Seated above the hotel’s plentiful wine cellar, staff offer guests the perfect accompanying wine.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
From the polo fields and adjoining golf green, the expansive property also offers guests the chance to ride horses, see indigenous wildlife on nature walks, and go on birdwatching tours. Explore the nearby arroyo and lakes with handmade canoes, kayaks, or sailboats. Visit the beach or simply slip into the freshwater outdoor pool.
Ideal fortravelers looking for an off-grid yet child-friendly option near the beach. Also a Honeymoon hotspot
- Golf green and driving range
- Polo fields with a Stable of Criollo riding horses/li>
- Beach excursions
- Traditional Uruguayan cuisine and robust variety of wine
- Eco-friendly, self-sustaining design
- Suite: Double or Twin beds; Balcony or terrace; Safe; Minibar; Views over lake or garden
- Master Suite: Double or Twin beds; Balcony or terrace; Safe; Minibar; Views over lake or garden
- Special Master Suite: Double bed; Balcony or terrace; Safe; Minibar; Views over lake or garden; Exclusive bottle of VIK wine; Private 3-course dinner for two at La Cava
- 24-hour reception
- Information desk
- Laundry service
- Conference rooms
- Private polo field
- Horseback riding
- Tennis court
- Water sports
- Game room