SOUTH AMERICA’S LEADING GREEN HOTEL
Named South America’s Leading Green Hotel by the World Travel Awards in 2018, Finch Bay Eco Hotel lies on the remote Galapagos island of Santa Cruz, across the bay from Puerto Ayora. Voted the #1 hotel in Puerto Ayora by Trip Advisor, escape to this secluded part of the Galapagos archipelago’s central islands. Get up close with the unique wildlife. Dive, snorkel, or hike along sandy beaches, or hop on the hotel’s yacht to exclusive areas of the islands. Dine on delicious, Galapagos-inspired cuisine made daily from local, organic ingredients direct from the island by a certified Cordon-Bleu chef.
Nowhere else do animals interact so calmly with humans as on the Galapagos. Travel to El Manzanillo to the Giant Tortoise Reserve. Walk with expert naturalists on birdwatching trips. Bike the completely car-less roads of this gorgeous island where guests feel completely free to roam at their own pace.
Finch Bay Hotel offers guests many opportunities to get in the water, from paddling, to snorkeling, to surfing, to the chance to experience SCUBA diving in a safe and fun environment. Swim alongside sea turtles, rays, bigeye jacks, and even harmless sharks, mantas, and barracudas. Not to mention the sea lions residing on the beaches that enjoy playing with guests as much as guests enjoy playing with them.
ECOTOURISM AT ITS FINEST
Finch Bay Hotel’s infrastructure and activities are entirely oriented to a concept of true ecotourism. Awarded numerous times for its commitment to the very land and sea on which it’s built, the hotel continues to strive toward the utmost sustainability. Guests enjoy the fine cuisine, from which products are grown right on the grounds or bought locally, and even the landscape where over 500 mangroves were planted. Every aspect of energy use is carefully attended to, from water use, to bath products, to energy consumption.
Ideal for families and couples alike seeking a secluded location just steps from the beach, across the bay from Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz
- Voted the #1 hotel in Puerto Ayora by TripAdvisor
- Award-winning eco-hotel committed to sustainability; green technology including solar panels and the only water treatment plant of any hotel in Puerto Ayora
- Beach-front access
- SCUBA-certified diving excursions for any level
- Car-less side of the island where guests can bike safely
- Galapagos-inspired menu by a Cordon Bleu chef
- Finch Bay Suite: King bed or 2 Full beds; Ocean views; Private balcony; Air-conditioning; In-room Safety Box; Hammock; Bathrobe; Extra bed available
- Finch Bay Room: King bed or 2 twin beds; Ocean views; Shared balcony; Air-conditioning; In-room Safety Box; Hammock; Bathrobe; Extra bed available
- Day trips to nearby islands via yacht with expert naturalist guides
- Multi-sport activities: SCUBA diving, snorkeling, surfing, bird-watching, sea kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, wildlife observation, bay tours