Recently announced “A Unique Lodge of the World” by National Geographic, Isla Palenque, is a private island resort on 400 acres adjacent to the Gulf of Chiriquí Marine Reserve. This luxury eco-resort offers a sophisticated hideaway for guests to relish endless opportunities for both adventure and relaxation. Dine on contemporary cuisine reminiscent of Panama’s cocina tipica. Rest in lavish rooms inspired by island life. Indulge in the soothing sounds of nature at this revered resort that quite literally means “sanctuary.”
DIVE INTO PARADISE
Isla Palenque’s beauty goes from land to sea, with an incredibly lush and varied interior. Hike along white sand beaches while watching the tide rise and fall in a verdant tropical forest, snorkel among healthy Pacific coral reef, relax in a hammock while reading a book and enjoying one of many unique drinks offered at the beachside bar, or study precious mangroves in the nature preserve.
The island is surrounded by the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park. Observe this rare Pacific landscape from the comfort of the hotel’s boat while snorkeling along the coral reefs, kayaking or paddleboarding the mesmerizing coastal waters, in addition to legendary sport fishing. This area is known as the wild west of the Pacific, unknown to all but a few local fishermen, earning it the name “the lost coast.” These protected waters harbor an abundance of sea life from sharks to whales to turtles.
FORAGED ON LAND, HARVESTED FROM THE SEA
In centuries-old tradition, food in Panama doesn’t take itself seriously. The chefs at Isla Palenque elevate humble recipes beloved by Panamanians into haute cuisine for you to enjoy. Sea bass ceviche bursts with flavors of passion fruit, lime and poblano. Classic carimañolas melt faster than you can eat them, topped off by plantains caramelized in cinnamon over home-made ice cream. Island dining is gourmet homegrown simplicity, and no better place to let your stomach settle than your own private beachside bungalow that can sleep up to two adults and one child, or the beachside villa estate with 6 rooms – perfect for families!
PRIVATE TRAVEL TO PANAMA
While visiting Isla Palenque is a magnificent treat to see a true marine and terrestrial environment, the logistics of getting there are difficult. By traveling with Latin Excursions, we will get you there and make sure you don’t miss any iconic regions on the way. That’s why we have created our unique pre-designed journey Panama in Style which offers an all-encompassing Panama experience, ending in beautiful Isla Palenque.
Ideal fortravelers who desire a luxury adventure on a pristine jungle island in Panama’s Gulf of Chiriqui
- Announced a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World in 2019
- Private island is 400 acres adjacent to the Gulf of Chiriquí Marine Reserve
- On-site produce farm, orchard for restaurants
- Jungle tours
- Custom private tours for snorkeling and cruising
- Masseuse on-site
- Awarded an ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) award for eco-friendly design and planning
- Beachfront Casita: Each Beachfront Casita has one King size bed. Up to two single extra beds can be added for kids.; Small seating area; Outdoor shower & bathtub nestled among the jungle trees
- Beachfront Villa Estate: 6-bedroom/6-bathroom house with spacious indoor/outdoor living area, private pool, outdoor gazebo overlooking the Pacific ocean, outdoor & indoor showers, private beach access and views of the Pacific Ocean and surrounding tropical forest
- Personalized service with a team member on-call for guests
- Restaurant and world-class chef serving Panamanian fusion cuisine
- Outdoor bar (alcoholic drinks not included) with world-class bartenders
- Pool naturally purified water from the island’s aquifers
- Boat tours with diving, snorkeling, sport fishing, whale & dolphin watching
- Professionally-staffed kids center
- Expanded jungle spa
- Complementary group yoga classes are offered several times each week. Private yoga instruction is available upon request