Isla Palenque, a private island resort, lies in the pristine waters off the coast of Panama in the Gulf of Chiriqui. Nestled within the 220-acre nature preserve, this luxury eco-resort offers a sophisticated hideaway for guests to relish endless opportunities for both adventure and relaxation. Dine on contemporary cuisine reminiscent of Panama’s cocina tipica. Rest in lavish rooms inspired by island life. Indulge in the soothing outdoor spa at this revered resort that quite literally means “sanctuary.”
DIVE INTO PARADISE
Isla Palenque’s beauty goes from land to sea, with an incredibly lush and varied interior. Hike dramatic bluffs in a verdant tropical forest, repel down towering jungle trees, walk along primordial lagoons, or study precious mangroves in the nature preserve.
The island is surrounded by the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park. Observe this rare Pacific landscape from the comfort of the hotel’s boat while diving or snorkeling along the coral reefs, kayaking or paddleboarding the mesmerizing coastal waters, in addition to legendary sport fishing. This area is known as the wild west of the Pacific, unknown to all but a few local fishermen, earning it the name “the lost coast.” These protected waters harbor an abundance of sea life from sharks to whales to turtles.
Foraged on land, harvested from the sea
In centuries-old tradition, food in Panama doesn’t take itself seriously. The two restaurants, refined Edén and relaxed Las Rocas, elevate humble recipes beloved by Panamanians into haute cuisine. Sea bass ceviche bursts with flavors of passion fruit, lime and poblano. Classic carimañolas melt faster than you can eat them, topped off by plantains caramelized in cinnamon over home-made ice cream. Island dining is gourmet homegrown simplicity.
Ideal fortravelers who desire a luxury adventure on a pristine jungle island in Panama's Gulf of Chiriqui
- Private island resort on a 220-acre nature preserve, surrounded by a marine reserve
- On-site produce farm, orchard for restaurants
- Jungle canopy tours
- Custom private tours
- Palm Grove Spa
- Awarded an ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) award for eco-friendly design and planning
- Garden Room: Queen-sized bed; Small seating area; Outdoor shower suspended among the jungle trees
- Jungle Rooms: Queen-sized bed; Small seating area; Adjoining balconies; Views of the jungle and ocean
- Ocean Suites: King-sized bed; Giant soaking tub; Balcony; Views of the Pacific and surrounding forest
- Personalized service with a team member on-call for guests
- Two restaurants, Edén and Las Rocas, serving Panamanian fusion cuisine
- Infinity pool with two-tiered waterfall and naturally purified water from the island’s aquifers
- Boat tours with diving, snorkeling, sport fishing, whale & dolphin watching
- Professionally-staffed kids center
- Expanded jungle spa
- Fitness center