The nineteen suite La Selva Lodge lies in a rainforest paradise overlooking the glassy waters of Lake Garzacocha and bordered by Yasuni National Park, one of the most biodiverse areas on the planet. A pioneer of the first Amazonian eco-lodges in Ecuador, the breezy, stylish cabanas are inspired by native bamboo designs. Guests experience vibrant wildlife at every turn, whether dining on fine cuisine at the restaurant, sipping cocktails made from fresh fruit, or relaxing to nature’s serenade at La Selva’s award-winning open-air spa. Photograph animals seen nowhere else on guided tours, or from the top of the lodge’s newly constructed Observation Tower.
SPA WITH A VIEW
Named in Fodor’s “World’s Top 15 Spas With a View,” La Selva was completely remodeled in 2012 and has since become the premier eco lodge in Ecuador. Guests receive soothing care within the spa’s open-air, screened rooms with views across Lake Garzacocha. Located near the resort’s butterfly farm, exotic butterflies often make an appearance. Yoga classes on the spa deck provide a chance to see many of lake’s monkeys, jumping fish, and caiman.
The newest feature at the lodge is the 38-meter observation tower hovering high above the forest floor. Sturdily made from sustainable steel, the large and spacious platform presents prime opportunities to see and photograph the many species of wildlife that make this area home. More types of birds reside here than in any other region of Ecuador, even more than both the USA and Canada combined.
Guests also have the opportunity to get out into the rainforest through guided tours. Visit colorful parrots where they gather to eat salty clay. Meet several indigenous communities near the lodge to learn about their way of life. Handle endangered Charapa Turtles and set them free into the wild. Come nightfall, grab a flashlight and see the forest and constellations of the Southern Hemisphere or hop into a canoe as guides spotlight caimans, bats, owls and more.
Ideal forthose looking for a land-based Amazon adventure with top guides and diverse flora and fauna
- Named Fodor's “World's Top 15 Spas With A View”; Full spa services including massages, facials, and Amazonian Baths with almond oil and indigenous herbs, or Silk Baths--a total-body exfoliation with honey and brown sugar
- 38-meter observation tower with full panoramic views of the rainforest and Lake Garzacocha
- Suites constructed from sustainable bamboo plantations
- Restaurant with panoramic views of the lake, serving both native and international cuisine made from local, fresh ingredients
- Guided tours through the Amazon on foot, by canoe and kayak, to see wildlife and meet local communities
- Family Suite: King bed and two double beds; Private porch with outdoor tub; Hammock; Ceiling Fan; Private bathroom
- Superior Suite: King bed or two double beds; Private balcony; Rainforest shower; Luxury bed linens; Private bathroom; Ceiling Fan; Panoramic views
- Scenic Suite: King bed or two double beds; Private balcony; Rainforest shower; Luxury bed linens; Private bathroom; Ceiling Fan; Panoramic views
- Restaurant and bar
- Observation tower
- Guided tours