Sol y Luna resides in the ancient Incan highlands of the Sacred Valley, near Machu Picchu. This Sacred Valley hotel authentically reflects the rich Andean culture through its exquisite cuisine, offered at two of its restaurants, lavish casita-style accommodations, and dedication to social and environmental sustainability. Do yourself a favor and relish in the richness of the desert?s treasures and the hotel?s luxuries in the shadow of the Andes.
AN ANCIENT INCAN FEAST
Serving contemporary Peruvian cuisine, the chefs use time-honored Andean cooking methods to bring a taste of the Incas to the table. At Killa Wasi restaurant, contemporary interpretations of Sacred Valley?s rustic culinary traditions and refined Cusque?a cuisine blends with dishes of the Peruvian jungles and Amazon. At Wayra Ranch, meaning ?House of the Moon,? guests dine in luxurious comfort around a traditional Peruvian hearth.
FLY ON THE WINDS OF THE ANDES
Sol y Luna offers guests a multitude of chances to get out into the surrounding nature. Cycle along Andean terraces, kayak under snow-capped peaks, or trek the ancient mountain pathways of the Incas. Discover remote villages, colonial churches, and mysterious heritage sites on horseback. The last ?living? Inca civilization lives in Sacred Valley. The area is a treasure trove of historic sites including Machu Picchu and vibrant, thriving cultural traditions.
HOUSE OF WATER
The hotel?s spa offers an intimate spa wrapped in artful stained glass and local stone. Native healing meets modern pampering. Internationally trained therapists deliver rejuvenating massages, facials, and hydrotherapy treatments incorporating organic, locally grown Andean plants and herbs.
Ideal forfamilies and couples looking for a garden oasis in a storybook setting with phenomenal cuisine in the Sacred valley
- Guided tours through the surrounding mountains on horseback, kayak, bikes, or treks to magnificent landscapes and historic sites
- Cultural experiences and interactions with living Inca civilizations and educational events such as Andean weaving and pottery, and Peruvian Paso horse shows
- Holistic spa treatments with organic, locally grown Andean plants and herbs
- Hummingbirds and butterflies flutter among 25 acres of private gardens abundant with indigenous flowers and native bird species
- Wayra Ranch hosts world class circus performers four nights a week displaying awe-inspiring acrobatics
- Sol y Luna funds several nonprofits dedicated to supporting the local community, including its Intercultural School for local children
- Superior Family Casita: Two floors; King size bed and 2 full size beds; Private terrace; Peruvian folk art; Marble-tiled bathroom; Peruvian Pyma cotton bed linens; Safe; Bathrobes and slippers; Views of Sacred Valley
- Superior Casita: : King size bed or 2 double beds; Private terrace; Peruvian folk art; Marble-tiled bathroom; Peruvian Pyma cotton bed linens; Safe; Bathrobes and slippers; Views of Sacred Valley
- Deluxe Casita: King size bed or 2 full beds; Fireplace; Private terrace; Marble-tiled bathroom; Bathrobe and slippers; Peruvian Pyma cotton bed linens; LCD TV with satellite; Heated floors; Mini bar; Safe; Views of Sacred Valley
- Premium Casita: King size bed or 2 double beds; Private garden terrace; Jacuzzi; Vaulted ceilings; Heated floors; Fireplace; Marble-tiled bathroom; Peruvian Pyma cotton bed linens; LCD TV with satellite; Bathrobes and slippers; Mini bar; Safe; Views of Sacred Valley and the Andes
- Two restaurants
- Swimming pool
- Room service
- Laundry service
- Kunata Wasi boutique