Pousada Picinguaba is an enchanting hotel seated on a tranquil bay in the center of the Atlantic Forest Natural Park, a tropical seaside forest. Located within a small fishing village in the Ubatuba region, guests are immersed in the traditions of an eco-friendly, ancient way of life, preserved in this sacred community. For travelers seeking the ultimate escape into peace and ancient mysteries, this hotel offers access to secret white sand beaches, unknown trails through the jungle, and the invitation to meet and learn from the locals in the community, all while staying in a chic, intimate hotel with luxury accommodations.
TASTE THE BOUNTY OF THE SEA
In tupi-guarani, Picinguaba means “fish shelter.” From the nets of local fishermen come fish still salty from the sea right to the hotel’s kitchen. The seasons bring anchovies, baquara, carapeva, sororoca, mas pargo, vermelho, robalo, and garopa. Grilled, baked, or boiled, the chef creates vibrant meals from the hotel’s farm overflowing with bananas, cacao, manioc root, cambuci, and fresh organic vegetables and fruits.
GUARDIANS OF PICINGUABA
The village is an internationally recognized UNESCO heritage site. The people born at or make the village home cherish the desire to live and preserve the traditions of simple living and warm welcomes. Experience the Picinguaba way of life. Fish with a local fisherman from one of the colorful boats docked on the bay. Enjoyed by children and adults, this relaxing, educational experience results in guests bringing back their own catch for the chef to cook up their dinner.
SECRETS OF THE LAND AND SEA
Boat, kayak or stand-up paddleboard to deserted beaches. Walk through lush, green landscapes with an expert guide listening for bird calls. At Picinguaba, guests travel to secret beaches only accessible on foot, spectacular waterfalls, or birdwatching tours led by local guides. Take a traditional caiçara canoe, a traditional ocean fishing boat, made of wood and colorfully painted, through the mangrove forests. Arrange a boat trip to any number of secluded beaches in the area.
Ideal forfamilies or couples seeking comfort, intimacy, amazing waterfront views, and a charming, boutique atmosphere
- Fish with local fisherman from a UNESCO-preserved fishing village, and have the chef cook the day’s catch
- Outdoor activities including kayaking, surfing, paddleboarding, canoe trips through the mangrove forests, hikes, and bird watching
- Regular contact with the local guardians of Picinguaba who provide much of the locally caught fish and other foods, and conversations about their traditional ways
- For ultimate relaxation and spirit renewal, rooms have no televisions, fridges, telephones, or WiFi
- Casa Verde: House with two rooms and a suite; Private veranda with hammock; Views overlooking the garden and ocean
Rooms and Suites: Single or double occupancy; Private veranda with hammock; Views overlooking the garden and ocean
- Organic vegetable and fruit gardens
- Outdoor activities: kayaking, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, canoeing, schooner rides